|My expertise / skills :
I study wildlife especially big cats (Leopard=Panthera pardus)in Northeastern Anatolia where isthe richest area of Turkey in terms of biodiversity both fauna and flora. My last publications are;
1. Başkaya, Ş., Başkaya, E. and Sarı, A., 2011. The principal negative environmental impacts of small hydropower plants in Turkey. African Journal of Agricultural Research. Vol. 6(14): 3284-3290.
2. Sarı, A., Arpacık A. and Başkaya, Ş., 2018. Bird Species of Erzurum Marshes in Northeastern Anatolia, Turkey. Pakıstan Journal ff Zoology, vol.50: 629-637.
3. Arpacik A., Sarı A., Başkaya Ş., 2017. For the Future: Sustainable Wildlife Reserve Management in Turkey. International Journal of Sciences: Basic and Applied Research (IJSBAR), vol.36: 250-261.
4. Gündoğdu, E., Arpacık, A., Sarı, A. and Başkaya, Ş., 2018. Orf Virus Infection in Wild Goats (Capra aegagrus Erxleben 1777) of Sarıçiçek Mountain. Applied Ecology and Environmental Research 16(4): 4515-4521.
5. Gündoğdu, E., Sarı, A. and Arpacık, A., 2018. Nesting Site Selection and Population Numbers of The Breeding Bird Species in Hoynat Island, Turkey. Applied Ecology and Environmental Research 16(4): 4505-4514.
6. Sarı, A. and Arpacık, A., 2018. Morphological Hair Identification Key of Common Mammals in Turkey. Applied Ecology and Environmental Research 16(4): 4593-4603.
Keywords: Wildlife, Mammals, Big cats, Leopard, Panthera pardus, Habitat use, Northeastern Anatolia, Turkey
keywords: wildlife, mammals, big cats, leopard, panthera pardus, habitat use, northeastern anatolia, turkey
|Project description :
Whether Leopard live in Turkey or not has continues been still serious a matter of debate. The existence of Leopard was confirmed by photograps which taken by us in the my Phd Studies. Also, these photograps are for the first time taken photos of Leopard in natural habitat conditions.
According to the most of researchers, leopard is a extinct species, very few researches indicated that it is a unsufficient population size for the existence in Turkey. Living leopard in Turkey was generally determined leopard tracks and feces has been caused ongoing debate whether leopard live or not by the Turkish public, this debate will be diverted by photos of Leopard taken in natural habitat conditions. For this reason, by the determination of leopard population density and habitat use will be obtained. Also, these information will be provide the first basic valuable information about the leopard's natural life.
As a result of leopard study which planned to obtain basic information to the protection of leopard by human beings, all studies will be recorded regularly by photos or video image. By using of documents and information, a short video film will be prepared for the use of educational programs.