|My expertise / skills :
I am a UAV remote sensing scientist, with a background in forest ecology as well as precision agriculture.
I have recently started a new research centre on UAVs, and we are now looking for opportunities to build up this research centre. Our UAV skills include thermal, hyperspectral, RGB and LIDAR UAV remote sensing, as well as BRDF and Sun-Induced Fluorescence (SIF) research. I furthermore have expertise in ecosystem energy balance studies, e.g. from fluxtowers. We dispose of state-of-the-art UAV infrastructure and are very experienced in operating UAVs in natural and agricultural systems, as well as in processing UAV RS data.
Some relevant publications include:
- Maes and Steppe, 2019, Trends in Plant Science; Perspectives for Remote Sensing with Unmanned Aerial Vehicles in Precision Agriculture DOI: 10.1016/j.tplants.2018.11.007
- Maes et al., 2019, HESS; Potential evaporation at eddy-covariance sites across the globe DOI: 10.5194/hess-23-925-2019
- Maes and Steppe, 2012, Journal of Experimental Botany; Estimating evapotranspiration and drought stress with ground-based thermal remote sensing in agriculture: a review DOI: 10.1093/jxb/ers165
- Maes et al., 2017, Remote Sensing; Optimizing the Processing of UAV-Based Thermal Imagery DOI: 10.3390/rs9050476
- Pagan, Maes, et al. 2019 Remote Sensing; Exploring the Potential of Satellite Solar-Induced Fluorescence to Constrain Global Transpiration Estimates DOI: 10.3390/rs11040413